Starting to notice some droopy shoulders around the office? It sounds like it’s time to plan a team outing.
Managers can agree that employee engagement and retention are at the top of their priority list.
If you ask a lot of successful companies to define their culture, you’ll often hear something to the tune of “we work hard and play hard”.
Many employees in today’s job market quickly feel uninspired by their work, get bored after two years and start job hunting for something new.
Creating an enjoyable workplace is no longer something reserved solely for big tech companies in Silicon Valley. Companies around the world are making their offices a place where people get lots done while also having fun too.
5 Employee Engaging Social Activities
1. Office dog
– Office dogs can offer a massive boost to business and teach you how to work better. And let’s be honest, they make everybody happy. It’s no secret how the office dog in Fast company boost productivity and creativity.
2. Communal Lunch
– Everybody eats, and no one wants to eat alone, so why not make it a group lunch. It encourages your employees to release stress and even collaborate at times.
3. Decorate your office
– Have a theme and get your office decorated every month. These encourage teamwork, collaboration and changes the ambience of your office to something fun and creative.
4. Group Exercise
– You can have a two-minute break every 1 hour of work and allow your employee to have a group stretching exercise activities.
5. Play games and have fun
– Have a monthly them game that will help recharge your employee’s attention, productivity and creativity. Have a roulette of fun that you can do for a few minute breaks, ping pong or boardgame during 1-hour break
Putting the smile on your employee’s face help eliminates stress and builds a culture that will resonate through their productivity performance.